Re: PG94RC1- plv8 functions - problem with input parameter length - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Misa Simic
Subject Re: PG94RC1- plv8 functions - problem with input parameter length
Date
List pgsql-general

On Friday, November 28, 2014, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 11/28/2014 07:56 AM, Misa Simic wrote:
Hi all,

We have found a strange problem with plv8 functions in PG94RC1

PG 9.3 works fine.

in PG94RC1 in plv8 functions regardless what function does i.e.nothing

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test.test_text_length_plv8(in_param1 text)
RETURNS text
AS
$BODY$
return 'OK'
$BODY$ LANGUAGE plv8;

if length of in_param1 is higher then (or equal to) 200 characters
connection just brake... current connection and it brakes - other
connections as well... Not sure what it does - but all sessions just
says server disconnected and we need and can reconect again....

ie.
SELECT test.test_text_length_plv8('aaaa') works fine

SELECT
test.test_text_length_plv8('aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa')

exactly 200 chars - just brake conncetion witout any message...but in
separate session when we run next command it says:

WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back
the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited
abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and
repeat your command.

We have tested using pgadmin and psql...

Versions:
PostgreSQL 9.4rc1 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (Ubuntu
4.9.1-16ubuntu6) 4.9.1, 64-bit
plv8: 1.5.0-dev1

The same version of plv8 on PG9.3 - works fine without problems...

Any suggestions?

Have you tried this with another language, say plpgsql, to see if this a generic problem or specific to plV8?

Yes, plv8 specific..

Sql, plpgsql, plr, plpythonu work fine...

Though plv8 just produce problems in rc1.. Beta1 no probs....

Thanks,

Misa

--
Adrian Klaver