Re: PostgreSQL <-> Babelfish integration - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: PostgreSQL <-> Babelfish integration
Date
Re: PostgreSQL <-> Babelfish integration
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 11:13 AM Matthias van de Meent
<boekewurm+postgres@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree. I believe that Babelfish's efforts can be compared with the
> zedstore and zheap efforts: they require work in core before they can
> be integrated or added as an extension that could replace the normal
> heap tableam, and while core is being prepared we can discover what
> can and cannot be prepared in core for this new feature.

I see what you mean, but even that seems generous to me, since, as I
said, we don't have any Babelfish code to evaluate today. Whereas
Zedstore and zheap can actually be downloaded and tested.

--
Peter Geoghegan