Re: BUG #17212: pg_amcheck fails on checking temporary relations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: BUG #17212: pg_amcheck fails on checking temporary relations
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 11:37 AM Mark Dilger
<mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> The documentation for contrib/amcheck has a paragraph but not a warning box.  Should that be changed also?

Maybe. I think that the pg_amcheck situation is a lot worse, because
users could easily interpret --parent-check as an additive thing.
Totally changing the general locking requirements seems like a POLA
violation. Besides, amcheck proper is now very much the low level tool
that most users won't ever bother with.

--
Peter Geoghegan