Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] amcheck packages - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] amcheck packages
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 3:05 AM, Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:
> Re: Peter Geoghegan 2017-10-07 <CAH2-WznctJz1ket8up3vDjLqxeEjM6x-MaOZe-iGsVai184cCg@mail.gmail.com>
>> Once this gets your approval, I'll push the commit to the master
>> branch, and create the appropriate version 1.0 tags. Note that I've
>> declared version 1.0 as being stable within debian/changelog.
>
> I think it looks good. I couldn't test it yet on apt.postgresql.org
> because the tarball isn't yet available.
>
> My local testing failed due to lack of disk space:
>
>   REINDEX INDEX idx_numeric;
> + ERROR:  could not extend file "base/16384/t3_16463": wrote only 4096 of 8192 bytes at block 14335
> + HINT:  Check free disk space.
>
> It also took a minute or so for that step. Is that resource footprint
> intended? (My /tmp has about 650MB available.)

The overhead of the tests, which only need to be simple smoke tests,
is probably totally excessive. I've replaced the tests with the tests
that actually made it into contrib/amcheck. The amcheck_next tests now
complete in a couple of seconds, which will greatly reduce the burden
on your Jenkins installation.

I've verified that they pass on all versions myself, and have pushed
that to the master branch. I've also created release tags
("debian/1.0-1", and "v1.0").

Hopefully that's all you need for me to accept amcheck into the PGDG
apt repo. Let me know if anything else comes up.

Thanks!
--
Peter Geoghegan