Re: - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kalai R
Subject Re:
Date
List pgsql-general

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 7:39 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 07/22/2014 11:59 PM, Kalai R wrote:
* Is this a Windows *server* version, or is it one of the newer desktop

OS's like Windows 8?   Windows 8 seems to shut down rather fast, its
quite possible its not bothering to wait for services to exit.*
*

*
I face  this problem in Windows XP and Windows 7 but not all windows XP
and Windows 7.
In Windows 8 and Windows Server no problem.
*
*
*It seems like Windows isn't waiting for the service to exit cleanly
before its pulling the plug.**
*
*

*
I think so, but I don't know how to solve this problem.

First would be to show the log entries from the period immediately before the server shutdown incorrectly.

From the previous go around on this:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAGxuanNsgNDTCv1bm+ap2tSr=vztGca_yvAFrXwW=9W0o3MOPw@mail.gmail.com

you indicated that you application does things when installing itself and the server.

It would be nice to know what that is?

In particular an outline of the exact steps you application takes during the install.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com