Re: Looking for someone to graphic design 9.4 flyer - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From julyanto SUTANDANG
Subject Re: Looking for someone to graphic design 9.4 flyer
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
How about if we create a contest / competition for this? it would be very interesting and fun :)

if there is a competition, i am in

Regards,

Jul.

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 6:56 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 25 February 2015 at 19:05, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Folks:
>
> I have an idea for a 9.4 flyer.  It would use the "NoSQL on ACID" emblem
> on one side, and on the other, the concept of "It's a Relational
> Database!  It's a Document Database! It's Both!".
>
> This concept would be based on this famous American comedy sketch:
>
> https://screen.yahoo.com/shimmer-floor-wax-000000185.html
>
> In it, Chevy Chase promotes Shimmer as both a Floor Wax and a Dessert
> Topping.
>
> Problem is ... my computer graphic design skills suck.  So I'm looking
> for someone who can create this concept for a flyer.
>
> More shots:
> http://media.zenfs.com/en-US/video/video.snl.com/SNL_0010_07_New_Shimmer.png
>
> Any takers?

Why don't we spend some of SPI/Postgres' money on commissioning
someone to come up with a concept and design it.

Trying to get someone to design another person's concept is never
going to work well.

--
 Simon Riggs                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
 PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, RemoteDBA, Training & Services