Re: Can we get a PostgreSQL speaker into this? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From julyanto SUTANDANG
Subject Re: Can we get a PostgreSQL speaker into this?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Dear Josh,

Thanks for correction, yes i don't really mean "capitalism as whole". All of us here agree that propietary softwares has done such great business more than expected, and creating new "monopoly" which is really hard to compete without Open Source.
Open Source creates opportunity to all of us to have alternative solutions.
This is what i refer to "fight capitalism"

Thanks,

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 11:08 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
On 06/13/2016 08:59 AM, julyanto SUTANDANG wrote:
> It is really great!
> That would be a world class summit for Enterprise Level Database Softwares.
> I would like to say thanks to all of you in here and there (in the
> event) for your contribution and support to
> make PostgreSQL happened as the great solution for everyone in the world
> and creates opportunity for
> us to fight capitalism, monopoly and vendor lock-in. Especially in Asian
> Countries!

I'm pretty sure you didn't mean "to fight capitalism", given where you work.

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)

--

Julyanto SUTANDANG

Equnix Business Solutions, PT
(An Open Source an Open Mind Company)

Pusat Niaga ITC Roxy Mas Blok C2/42.  Jl. KH Hasyim Ashari 125, Jakarta Pusat
T: +6221 22866662 F: +62216315281 M: +628164858028

Caution: The information enclosed in this email (and any attachments) may be legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.Unless it is made by the authorized person, any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of PT Equnix Business Solutions.