Re: plperlu function caused a segmentation fault - Mailing list pgsql-general

From bricklen
Subject Re: plperlu function caused a segmentation fault
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> bricklen <bricklen@gmail.com> writes:
>> I was just testing a simple plperlu function to return the existence
>> of a directory and as soon I pasted the function into psql and hit
>> Enter, I got the following crash:
>
> FWIW, this function seems to work fine for me in 9.0.4 on a Fedora 14
> x86_64 box ... and there haven't been any bug fixes in plperl since
> 9.0.2, except for this one
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=cb252c2acd415d304e3254e99f82058d11a69e04
> which seems unlikely to be related.
>
> I wonder if there is something wonky about your Perl installation.

I tested originally on two other 9.0.4 databases and there were no
issues at all. I'll have to assume that you are correct about the Perl
setup on that server -- I'm quite leery of doing anything else with
that server as it is a production db.
I'll consider this a lesson learned, and not test any other Perl
functions on that db.

Cheers