Re: 9.6 -> 10.0 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Victor Yegorov
Subject Re: 9.6 -> 10.0
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
I've been ranting about this on Twitter for a while, and now blogged about it:

http://people.planetpostgresql.org/devrim/index.php?/archives/89-9.6,-or-10.0.html

There are major changes in 9.6 (some of them are listed in the blog post), and
I think they are good enough to call this 10.0.

A counter argument might be waiting for pglogical for inclusion, but I think
the current changes are enough to warrant a .0 release.

For me, Parallel features are a milestone to the native Partitioning.

I would prefer to keep it 9.6 for now and switch to 10.0 when Partitioning will be added.

Besides, 9.6 will be the first release with `6` as the second digit :)

--
Victor Y. Yegorov