Re: 'use tab key for autocomplete' still documented even though it's been removed - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Arthur Prokosch
Subject Re: 'use tab key for autocomplete' still documented even though it's been removed
Date
List pgadmin-support
Thanks Dave and Ray. I'll try to retrain my fingers to type Ctrl+Spc, and to treat Google search results with more skepticism.

-arthur.

--
Arthur Prokosch :: prokosch@umich.edu
Master of Urban Planning and M.S. Natural Resources and Environment, '15

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 9:24 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
> On 17/06/2014 21:16, Arthur Prokosch wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Coming from a unix background, I'd really like to be able to use the
>> <tab> key within the Query Tool's editor box to bring up
>> autocompletions. It's documented even though the feature seems to be
>> long-dead. Can this be fixed?
>>
>> According to the documentation I find at
>>  http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/1.8/query.html
>> that should be possible: "You can optionally enable the Tab key to
>> activate the autocomplete feature as well - the can be done on the
>> options dialog." But there's nothing apropos in the options dialog, nor
>> any relevant registry keys or values matching "tab."
>
> Hi there,
>
> That's a really old set of documentation - the current version is 1.18,
> and here's the corresponding page in the up-to-date docs -
>
>   http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/1.18/query.html
>
> - where you'll see that ctrl-space is now used for autocompletion. :-)

Yeah, but it also says "You can optionally enable the Tab key to
activate the autocomplete feature as well - the can be done on the
options dialog.". I've removed that now for 1.20.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company