'use tab key for autocomplete' still documented even though it's been removed - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Arthur Prokosch
Subject 'use tab key for autocomplete' still documented even though it's been removed
Date
Re: 'use tab key for autocomplete' still documented even though it's been removed  (Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie>)
List pgadmin-support
Hi all,

Coming from a unix background, I'd really like to be able to use the <tab> key within the Query Tool's editor box to bring up autocompletions. It's documented even though the feature seems to be long-dead. Can this be fixed?

According to the documentation I find at
that should be possible: "You can optionally enable the Tab key to activate the autocomplete feature as well - the can be done on the options dialog." But there's nothing apropos in the options dialog, nor any relevant registry keys or values matching "tab."

So, I dig into git - pgadmin3.git via the web interface. ctlSQLBox.cpp:162 only sets up Ctrl-Space as an accelerator. But -- commit 525c9fc7825f3d3f1b0b02c4444b2f9bdbc34178 from 2009 nuked the feature as well as the configuration for it. Updated the docs for the configuration screen itself but not the general query box docs.

I'd love it if tab-completion could be restored, but the commit I referenced makes that sound hard. So failing that, can the documentation be well and truly expunged?

Thanks much!
-arthur prokosch.