Re: New repo RPMs - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Gabriele Bartolini
Subject Re: New repo RPMs
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi Devrim,

> They are more consistent now -- main repo will pick them up in 1 hour.

Ok. Thanks.

> I just created symlinks to the previous repo RPMs. At least you won't get
> 404
> (if you get, please let me know). I hope that will pour down some cold
> water
> over the fire.

Thanks. This will probably allow the remaining Ansible playbooks or Puppet modules in the world that have not been modified in the meantime to work again. ;)

I have one question. I see that now all available PostgreSQL repositories are installed. This introduces a change in existing systems that until last week had only one single repository (e.g. pgdg10). They now find they have four additional ones (i.e.: pgdg94, pgdg95, pgdg96 and pgdg11).

Can you please confirm that this is a desired effect? Is this just an interim solution (an intermediate step towards a true single repository, for example) or a permanent/stable one?

Thanks,
Gabriele