No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kam Lasater
Subject No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date
Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!  (Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,

Last night I heard that Postgres had no issue/bug tracker. At first I thought the guy was trolling me. Seriously, how could this be. Certainly a mature open source project that is the database for a measurable percentage of the internet would have an issue tracker.

Sadly, I was not being trolled. I'm new around here so I will keep the preaching to a minimum and cut right to the chase...

___It is time for an issue tracker___

Consider it a sign of success.  Y'all have done a GREAT job! Searching the archives I see that this has come up before. This project is mature enough that it has graduated to needing the support of an issue tracker.

At this point not having one is borderline negligent. I'd suggest: Github Issues, Pivotal Tracker or Redmine (probably in that order). There are tens to hundreds of other great ones out there, I'm sure one of them would also work.

Hopefully this feedback from a community member is helpful/useful, that was my goal in writing in, I trust my intent comes through in this email. And thanks for an awesome product :)

Cheers.
-Kam Lasater
@seekayel