Foreign Data Wrappers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gus Spier
Subject Foreign Data Wrappers
Date
Re: Foreign Data Wrappers
Re: Foreign Data Wrappers
Re: Foreign Data Wrappers
List pgsql-general
I find myself in new territory, Foreign Data Wrappers (FDW). I stumble closer to success through the documentation, youtube videos, and various google resources. But I've come across a concept that intrigues me very deeply.

If I understand the concepts correctly, FDW not only makes other databases available, FDW also offers access to .csv files, plain text, or just about anything that can be bullied into some kind of query-able order. Has anyone ever tried to connect to redis or elasticache? If so, how did it work out?

Regards,
Gus

--
Gus

540-454-3074

“Characteropathic individuals adopt ideologies created by doctrinaire, often schizoidal people, recast them into an active propaganda form, and disseminate it with their characteristic pathological egotism and paranoid intolerance for any philosophies which may differ from their own.” (Political Ponerology, Andrew Lobaczewski, 1984)