Re: Foreign Data Wrappers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ian Lawrence Barwick
Subject Re: Foreign Data Wrappers
Date
List pgsql-general
2024年9月7日(土) 9:55 Gus Spier <gus.spier@gmail.com>:

> I find myself in new territory, Foreign Data Wrappers (FDW). I stumble closer to success through the documentation,
youtubevideos, and various google resources. But I've come across a concept that intrigues me very deeply.

> If I understand the concepts correctly, FDW not only makes other databases available, FDW also offers access to .csv
files,plain text, or just about anything that can be bullied into some kind of query-able order. Has anyone ever tried
toconnect to redis or elasticache? If so, how did it work out?

There are two FDW implementations listed for Redis here:

    https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Foreign_data_wrappers#NoSQL_Database_Wrappers

but neither have been updated for recent PostgreSQL versions.

Regards

Ian Barwick