Re: Login issues (wiki, commitfest) - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Szymon Guz
Subject Re: Login issues (wiki, commitfest)
Date
List pgsql-www
On 20 June 2013 11:45, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 5:36 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> On Jun 18, 2013 5:05 PM, "Paul Waring" <paul@xk7.net> wrote:
>>
>> On 18/06/13 15:59, Ian Lawrence Barwick wrote:
>>>
>>> Just a quick heads-up - I am no longer able to log in to
>>> wiki.postgresql.org (despite
>>> successfully logging in on the main PostgreSQL site) - clicking on the
>>> wiki login link
>>> causes a redirect to the https site via www.postgresql.org but with no
>>> effect.
>>>
>>> The commitfest login resolutely rejects my login attempts.
>>>
>>> I guess this is the same issue as mentioned on the reviewers list:
>>>

>>> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFjNrYsAYTxP+FFtuZcadmqQjBq9ZhB9naNYeDNyCR+NY=H0Rg@mail.gmail.com
>>>
>>> FWIW I probably changed my password a few weeks ago, and changed it
>>> just now again
>>> in the hope it might solve the problem.
>>

>> I seem to be having the same problem - I can login on the main site (www),
>> but when I return to the wiki I'm not logged in. I haven't changed my
>> password, and my browser deletes all cookies when I close it
>
> The issue with the commit fest was reported here earlier and is a known bug
> affecting new accounts and accounts that changed their password since Sunday
> (should be in the archives for this list as well as the reviewers list I
> believe) . I have an idea how to fix that, and will look at it as soon as
> possible but it needs some extensive testing.

I've pushed a fix for this. This being the commitfest page issue only
- not the wiki issue.

You need to log in once to the main www.postgresql.org website for
things to be properly updated, and once you've done that you should be
able to log in to the cf site again. If you already have a persistent
session on the main website you need to first log out and then back in
- it's not enough to just access a logged-in resource. You do both
these by clicking "Your account" in the main menu.

Works for me.

thank you,
szymon