Re: pgsql-performance issue - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: pgsql-performance issue
Date
List pgsql-performance

On 2016-08-20 08:21, pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org wrote:
Welcome to the pgsql-performance mailing list!
Your password at PostgreSQL Mailing Lists is

x8DiA6

To leave this mailing list, send the following command in the body
of a message to majordomo@postgresql.org:

approve x8DiA6 unsubscribe pgsql-performance
debasis.moharana@ipathsolutions.co.in

This command will work even if your address changes.  For that reason,
among others, it is important that you keep a copy of this message.

  pgsql-performance@postgresql.org

If you need help or have questions about the mailing list, please
contact the people who manage the list by sending a message to
  pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org

You can manage your subscription by visiting the following WWW location:

<https://lists.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwusr/domain=postgresql.org/debasis.moharana%40ipathsolutions.co.in>
Dear Sir/Mam,

I have a PostgreSQL 9.5 instance running on Windows 8 machine with 4GB of RAM.This server is mainly used for inserting/updating large amounts of data via copy/insert/update commands, and seldom for running select queries.

Here are the relevant configuration parameters I changed:

max_connections = 100
shared_buffers = 512MB
effective_cache_size = 3GB
work_mem = 12233kB
maintenance_work_mem = 256MB
min_wal_size = 1GB max_wal_size = 2GB
checkpoint_completion_target = 0.7
wal_buffers = 16MB
default_statistics_target = 100

After setting in postgresql.conf. I run the select query to fetch large amount of record of 29000 in postgresql but it takes 10.3 seconds but the same query takes 2 seconds for execution in MSSQL.

So my query is how to improve the perfermance in postgresql.

hi

p.s. Did you do VACUUM and ANALYZE on database?

Regards

Pavel

Regards,
Debasis Moharana