Re: obsolete example - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: obsolete example
Date
List pgsql-hackers

pá 22. 11. 2019 v 1:13 odesílatel Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> napsal:
On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 08:19:56PM -0300, Euler Taveira wrote:
> Em qui., 21 de nov. de 2019 às 15:59, Pavel Stehule
> <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> escreveu:
>>
>> isn't src/tutorial/func.c obsolete? There is not any benefit for users.
>
> version-0 calling conventions were removed in v10. It seems an
> oversight at commit 5ded4bd2140. Tutorial needs some care (I'm not
> volunteering to improve it). I suggest unbreak the funcs module with
> 'mv funcs_new.c func.c'.

No objections from here, let's get rid of it.  The docs actually make
use of the V1 versions, and funcs_new.c is not even compiled (it does
compile).  Any objections to the attached?  On top of moving the file,
there is one comment to update and a sentence to remove.  Some
progress is always better than no progress.

+1

Pavel
--
Michael