Re: [EXT] Re: XQuery/XPath 2.0+ support - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: [EXT] Re: XQuery/XPath 2.0+ support
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

st 1. 12. 2021 v 6:28 odesílatel Garfield Lewis <garfield.lewis@lzlabs.com> napsal:
Thx, Tom...

But isn't the libxml2 library not sufficient for this purpose? Note that I have not tried it yet, I am still just investigating possible solutions.

Unfortunately, no, or it is not about Postgres. The development of libxml2 is frozen :-/ and there are only bugfix releases. What I know, there are only some experimental enhancements, but nobody has finalized it.

XPath 2.0 is much more complex than XPath - it is a new language.

Please, don't send top post mails to this mailing list

Regards

Pavel

--
Regards,
Garfield A. Lewis

On 2021-11-29, 12:08 PM, "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

    Garfield Lewis <garfield.lewis@lzlabs.com> writes:
    > I am investigating whether there are any plans to have XPath 2.0 support for Postgres XML natively or are there any available extension packages that includes this support?

    I don't know of anyone actively working on that.  The difficulty is
    that we don't especially want to write/maintain such logic ourselves,
    but there don't seem to be any suitable libraries available that
    (a) can be called from C and (b) have a compatible license.

                        regards, tom lane