Re: [EXT] Re: XQuery/XPath 2.0+ support - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Garfield Lewis
Subject Re: [EXT] Re: XQuery/XPath 2.0+ support
Date
List pgsql-general
Thx, Tom...

But isn't the libxml2 library not sufficient for this purpose? Note that I have not tried it yet, I am still just
investigatingpossible solutions.

--
Regards,
Garfield A. Lewis

On 2021-11-29, 12:08 PM, "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

    Garfield Lewis <garfield.lewis@lzlabs.com> writes:
    > I am investigating whether there are any plans to have XPath 2.0 support for Postgres XML natively or are there
anyavailable extension packages that includes this support?

    I don't know of anyone actively working on that.  The difficulty is
    that we don't especially want to write/maintain such logic ourselves,
    but there don't seem to be any suitable libraries available that
    (a) can be called from C and (b) have a compatible license.

                regards, tom lane