Re: Aggregate Push Down - Performing aggregation on foreign server - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Aggregate Push Down - Performing aggregation on foreign server
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 11:56 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is pity - lot of performance issues are related to this missing feature.

I don't think you are being very clear about what feature you are
talking about.  The feature that Jeevan has implemented is pushing
aggregates to the remote side when postgres_fdw is in use.  The
feature you are talking about is evidently something else, but you
haven't really said what it is.  Or not in a way that I can
understand.

yes, It is not clear if FDW aggregate push down can be implemented together with internal aggregate push down. Aggregate push down ~ try to aggregate first when it is possible

Regards

Pavel

--
Robert Haas