Re: Dynamic sql real examples - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Dynamic sql real examples
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello

It's really depends on client software and architecture. Dynamic SQL
is interesting for some use cases when you use a stored procedures,
when you dynamically create tables based on metadata and when you
access these tables.

We had a object oriented database with interface in stored procedures.
Some classes was stored with own tables, some classes was stored in
common tables. But a format was transparent for client.

Some-times you have to use a dynamic sql as workaround - there is no
other way - like this

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7711432/how-to-set-value-of-composite-variable-field-using-dynamic-sql

Regards

Pavel Stehule