Re: pgadmin4 4.6 kubuntu 18.04 repo install communication with browser failed - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Khushboo Vashi
Subject Re: pgadmin4 4.6 kubuntu 18.04 repo install communication with browser failed
Date
List pgadmin-support

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 2:19 PM Andreas Laggner <andreas.laggner@thuenen.de> wrote:
Hello list,

i installed pgadmin4 4.6.1 from the postgresql apt repository for ubuntu
18.04. When i start pgadmin4 firefox tells me:

  Unauthorized

The server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL
requested. You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g. a bad
password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the
credentials required.

Please select the pgAdmin 4 icon from the system tray and select 'Open New Window' option or select the 'Copy server URL' option which will copy the URL and you can paste it in the browser.
Please refer the attached screen-shot.
pgadmin4 log says "erverything fine pgadmin4 startet without error".

I figured out when i copy the content from the file
.pgAdmin4.14570597673959349582.addr stored in my home and paste it into
the ULR from firefox the connection works and pgadmin4 appears.

I am in a closed up network behind a very strong firewall, i do not need
extra security, i need functionality. Is it possible to tell that
pgadmin4? Or can anyone help me starting pgadmin4 without the extra copy
paste?

hasta luego        PGAndi

--
Dipl. Geoökologe Andreas Laggner

Thünen-Institut für Agrarklimaschutz (AK)
Arbeitsgruppe Emissionsinventare
Johann Heinrich von Thünen-Institut,
Bundesforschungsinstitut für Ländliche Räume, Wald und Fischerei

Thünen Institute of Climate-Smart Agriculture
Johann Heinrich von Thünen Institute,
Federal Research Institute for Rural Areas, Forestry and Fisheries

Bundesallee 65
D-38116 Braunschweig

Tel.: (+49) (0)531 596 2636
Fax : (+49) (0)531 596 2645