Re: Problems with huge_pages and IBM Power8 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bert
Subject Re: Problems with huge_pages and IBM Power8
Date
List pgsql-hackers
hmpf; are you sure?
I just checked on our own rhel7 system, and RemoveIPC is set to 'no' by default..

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 10:26 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On 2016-04-12 21:58:14 +0200, reiner peterke wrote:
>> Looking for some insight into this issue.  the error from the postgres
>> log on ubuntu is below.  It apperas to be related to semephores.

> I've a bit of a hard time believing that this is related to huge pages.

I'm betting that's this:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAK7tEys9-O4BTERbs3Xuk2BfFNNd55u2sM9j5R2Fi7v6BHjrQw@mail.gmail.com