Re: Microsoft buys GitHub, is this a threat to open-source - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Linehan
Subject Re: Microsoft buys GitHub, is this a threat to open-source
Date
List pgsql-general
> Microsoft has bought GitHub for $7.5 billion, is this a threat to the open
> source community?

Only to the extent that GitHub was a threat before this. They never
embraced Open Source!

They cynically portrayed themselves as the developer's best pal when,
in fact, they are/were nothing more and nothing less than another
commerical software company!

I was planning to start using GitLab before this announcement, but the
change will not affect my  decision one bit - it had been made anyway!

At least GitLab have respect for the Open Source ethos.

I just wish all the whingers would STFU! They got exactly what was on the tin!

Pól...