Re: Microsoft buys GitHub, is this a threat to open-source - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adam Tauno Williams
Subject Re: Microsoft buys GitHub, is this a threat to open-source
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2018-06-07 at 11:54 +0100, Paul Linehan wrote:
> Only to the extent that GitHub was a threat before this. They never
> embraced Open Source!
> They cynically portrayed themselves as the developer's best pal when,
> in fact, they are/were nothing more and nothing less than another
> commerical software company!
> I was planning to start using GitLab before this announcement, but
> thechange will not affect my  decision one bit - it had been made
> anyway!

Sourceforge!  They're entire platform is Open Source, they support git,
and they integrate with a variety of common open source packages.

https://sourceforge.net/
--
Meetings Coordinator, Michigan Association of Railroad Passengers
537 Shirley St NE Grand Rapids, MI 49503-1754 Phone: 616.581.8010