Re: BSD initdb without ICU support and switch later - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: BSD initdb without ICU support and switch later
Date
List pgsql-general

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 5:46 PM, Maeldron T. <maeldron@gmail.com> wrote:
        Hello,

the ICU patch isn’t ready for PostgreSQL on FreeBSD.

Is there any risk (more than 0) in executing the initdb without ICU
support and recompiling PostgreSQL later when the ICU patch is ready? I
mean any risk without making a dump and import before the switch.

Teodor has made a patch for ICU and PostgreSQL 9.5.

If this is okay for sure, what should I do later when the ICU is
available? Do I have to reindex everything with the ICU patched database?

I think, yes.

Thank you.

        M.