Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 5:55 PM, Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 7:16 AM, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
...What we're not fine with is depending on a proprietary system, no
matter what type of license, as infrastructure...

Exactly. Which is why I was warning about latching onto features only available in the closed enterprise version.

Cheers,
Steve

If we have consensus of what we want, why not just hire some company to develop it for us ? I'm sure we could find such a company in Russia and even would sponsor postgres community and pay for the development.  There are other postgres companies, which may join us.  Or better,  pay through pg foundation.