Re: Thoughts on "Love Your Database" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: Thoughts on "Love Your Database"
Date
List pgsql-general
On 4 May 2016 at 17:08, John McKown <john.archie.mckown@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had a manager, long ago, who used a Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet to
> contain all his memos. I was glassy eyed in disbelief. He also would use his
> hand calculator to add up the numbers in the spreadsheet to be sure that the
> summation function in the spreadsheet didn't make a mistake. <shudder/>

That still happens - we have a few live examples around in this
company. Unfortunately they're not caged and there's no sign "Do not
feed the managers". Admittedly, they're using Excel instead of
Lotus-1-2-3, but that's the only difference.