Re: Code of Conduct plan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Geoff Winkless
Subject Re: Code of Conduct plan
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 3 Jun 2018 at 22:47, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> In any case, we went over all these sorts of arguments at excruciating
> length in 2016.  It's quite clear to the core team that a majority of
> the community wants a CoC.  I don't think any useful purpose will be
> served by re-litigating that point.

This is somewhat at odds with your message here.

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/18630.1454960447%40sss.pgh.pa.us

It's rather disappointing that discussion was effectively silenced
based on the implication that there would be time for further
discussions before the implementation stage, only to have consultation
deferred until late on in the implementation itself.

If we're going to move on from that (as I assume), as to the content
of the CoC itself, can I echo others' comments that

>  engaging in behavior that may bring the PostgreSQL project into disrepute,

is far too open to interpretation.

Geoff