Re: CoC [Final v2] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Geoff Winkless
Subject Re: CoC [Final v2]
Date
List pgsql-general
On 24 January 2016 at 17:30, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Sarcasm is not productive.

Actually I wasn't being sarcastic. OK, I was being sarcastic in the
first paragraph, but not the second :p

The most significant problem I see with the Contributor Covenant
(other than my personal feeling that Postgres shouldn't have anything
to do members' lives outside the community, but that's just my
opinion) is the potential for legal wranglings that would ensue. Just
being in a position to say "we know what legal problems there are",
let alone being able to say "we know that we are covered against any
potential legal issues" would be prohibitively expensive.

If someone's prepared to put themselves in a position to overcome that
issue then it's just an argument over points of view, really.

Geoff