Re: CoC [Final v2] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: CoC [Final v2]
Date
Re: CoC [Final v2]  ("Regina Obe" <lr@pcorp.us>)
Re: CoC [Final v2]  (Chris Travers <chris.travers@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 01/24/2016 08:13 AM, Chris Travers wrote:

> If I could make one proposal for an additional clause:
>
> * PostgreSQL is a community project and takes no position on any
> political question aside from its usage in the public sector (which we
> support).  We expect communication in community fora to respect this
> need.  The community is neither competent nor interested in resolving
> more general social or political questions.

That won't work. The community does take positions. A good example is
when -core denounced the topless dancers at the Russian conference. That
position was taken without consideration that at a lot of this community
doesn't care, won't care, or agrees with the right for the Russian
conference to have those dancers. It was done so because -core wants all
people to feel welcome.

Sincerely,

JD

                      +1-503-667-4564