Re: WIP: CoC V5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Geoff Winkless
Subject Re: WIP: CoC V5
Date
Re: WIP: CoC V5
List pgsql-general
On 14 January 2016 at 16:37, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> If someone stands up in a respectful way in a public place and argues
> a position, they should not be demonized or punished for that.

I completely agree with you, unfortunately there are enough people who
are so militant about their particular beliefs that they can make life
very difficult for both the individual and the organisation they
represents (cf eg Brendan Eich).

If you are well known (outside of the community) as representing
postgres then I'm afraid extreme opinions will reflect on postgres,
whether you like it or not. On the flip side, I imagine that being
that well-known brings positives (job offers, paid - or at least
expenses-paid in nice locations - speaking engagements etc) in return.

Geoff