Re: API stability - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Matthias van de Meent
Subject Re: API stability
Date
Re: API stability  (Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 11 Apr 2022 at 06:30, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:

> (a bit off-topic)
>
> I'm not sure where I am..
>
> At Wed, 06 Apr 2022 10:36:30 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> me> > this if nobody else would like to do it, but let me ask whether
> me> > Kyotaro Horiguchi would like to propose a patch, since the original
> me> > patch did, and/or whether you would like to propose a patch, as the
> me> > person reporting the issue.
> me>
> me> I'd like to do that. Let me see.
>
> At Thu, 7 Apr 2022 10:04:20 -0400, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote in
> > struct, which is what we now need to fix. Since I don't hear anyone
> > else volunteering to take care of that, I'll go work on it.
>
> Just confirmation. Is my message above didn't look like declaring that
> I'd like to volunteering?  If so, please teach me the correct way to
> say that, since I don't want to repeat the same mistake.  Or are there
> some other reasons?  (Sorry if this looks like a blame, but I asking
> plainly (really:).)

I won't speak for Robert H., but this might be because of gmail not
putting this mail in the right thread: Your mail client dropped the
"[was: pgsql: ...]" tag, which Gmail subsequently displays as a
different thread (that is, in my Gmail UI there's three "Re: API
stability" threads, one of which has the [was: pgsql: ...]-tag, and
two of which seem to be started by you as a reply on the original
thread, but with the [was: pgsql: ...]-tag dropped and thus considered
a new thread).

So, this might be the reason Robert overlooked your declaration to
volunteer: he was looking for volunteers in the thread "Re: API
Stability [was: pgsql: ...]" in the Gmail UI, which didn't show your
messages there because of the different subject line.

Kind regards,

Matthias van de Meent