Re: Git tag for v15 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Matthias van de Meent
Subject Re: Git tag for v15
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 12 Oct 2022 at 20:08, Nemo <me@captnemo.in> wrote:
> Since v15 doesn't seem to be announced yet - this is confusing me. It
> doesn't impact us anywhere (yet), since we haven't added the v15 release
> cycle to our page yet, but I'd like to check if this is an incorrect tag
> or? If not, what's the correct source for us to use for automation purposes?

Tags are usually published a few days in advance of the official
release, so that all packagers have the time to bundle and prepare the
release in their repositories. The official release is planned for
tomorrow the 13th, as mentioned in [0].

This same pattern can be seen for minor release versions; where the
release is generally stamped well in advance of the release post going
live.

Kind regards,

Matthias van de Meent

[0] https://postgr.es/m/2a88ff2e-ffcc-bb39-379c-37244b4114a5%40postgresql.org