Re: Avoid use deprecated Windows Memory API - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ranier Vilela
Subject Re: Avoid use deprecated Windows Memory API
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Em qua., 22 de mar. de 2023 às 07:01, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> escreveu:
> On 19 Mar 2023, at 23:41, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Mar 17, 2023 at 12:19:56PM -0300, Ranier Vilela wrote:
>> Rebased to latest Head.
>
> I was looking at this thread, and echoing Daniel's and Alvaro's
> arguments, I don't quite see why this patch is something we need.  I
> would recommend to mark it as rejected and move on.

Unless the claimed performance improvement is measured and provides a speedup,
and the loss of zeroing memory is guaranteed safe, there doesn't seem to be
much value provided.
At no time was it suggested that there would be performance gains.
The patch proposes to adjust the API that the manufacturer asks you to use.
However, I see no point in discussing a defunct patch.

regards,
Ranier Vilela