Re: Supartitions in PGSQL 10 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Staller
Subject Re: Supartitions in PGSQL 10
Date
List pgsql-general
Virenda, is this time-series data you're working with?

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 4:12 PM, Kumar, Virendra <Virendra.Kumar@guycarp.com> wrote:

Team,

Can you please let us know if Sub-partitions are supported in PGSQL (declarative partitions) 10.1. If yes can it be list-list partitions. We have a situation where a table is very big having around 2 billion rows and is growing. We want to use partitions but not sure if sub-partitions are available. The partition key we are looking for is having around 8000 different values so it will be 8000 partitions and I think that number is really too big number of partitions. For your information RDBMS is not yet Postgres, we are evaluating it to see if it can support. Please suggest.

Regards,

Virendra

This message is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain
information that is PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL.

received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message
and its attachments and notify the sender immediately. Thank you.

--
TimescaleDB | Growth & Developer Evangelism
c: 908.581.9509

335 Madison Ave.
New York, NY 10017