Re: Solaris testers wanted for strxfrm() behavior - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: Solaris testers wanted for strxfrm() behavior
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 10:57 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> Just by the way, I wonder if this was that bug:
>> https://illumos.org/issues/1594
>
> Oooh.  Might or might not be *same* bug, but it sure looks like it could
> have the right symptom.  If this is indeed inherited from old Solaris,
> I'm afraid we are totally fooling ourselves if we guess that it's no
> longer present in the wild.

Also, here is an interesting patch that went into the Apache C++
standard library.  Maybe the problem was limited to amd64 system...

https://github.com/illumos/illumos-userland/blob/master/components/stdcxx/patches/047-collate.cpp.patch

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com