Re: Odd postgres12 upgrade is changing or munging a password? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tory M Blue
Subject Re: Odd postgres12 upgrade is changing or munging a password?
Date
List pgsql-general

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 11:41 PM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
On Thu, 2020-05-07 at 11:55 -0700, Tory M Blue wrote:
> Going from 9.5 to 12 and 2 times now, I've had a password either go missing or munged.
> I've had to add an alter statement at the end of the upgrade.
>
> The DB is functioning fine, shut it down, do the upgrade and the password is munged.
> Seems like an odd occurrence, we have not noted any other weird issues.
>
> Anyone else see or hear of this?

The only explanation I can come up with is that "password_encryption" is set to
"scram-sha-256" on the v12 server.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

If that was the case, wouldn't it change the others as well? Why a single password.

Super strange indeed :)

Tory