Re: [TIPS] Tuning PostgreSQL 9.2 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From drum.lucas@gmail.com
Subject Re: [TIPS] Tuning PostgreSQL 9.2
Date
List pgsql-admin

Hi guys... how are you all doing?

Scott Marlowe, you sent an email about the pooler...

I've done some tests on my VM, but can't do tests on the servers, as they are already in production...
However... I'm willing to set-up the pgbouncer pool on my postgresql 9.2 server...

Just got some questions first.. can you please give me your opinion?

my scenario:
1 Load Balancer (nginx) --->
2 web servers (www01 and www02) --->
4 DB servers (master01, slave01 (read-only), slave02 (hot_standby), slave03 (hot_standby), slave04 (hot_standby)

I'd install the pgbouncer on the www01 server... What do you guys think about it? Having in mind my scenario?

Cheers
Lucas

I mean... can pgbouncer handle with my master and slave01? As I'm using slave01 as read-only server? Also.. I've got 2 www servers... Do I have to have pgbouncer in both of them?