Re: bug tracker should be listed on Development page - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: bug tracker should be listed on Development page
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 10:42 AM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
pgAdmin apparently has a Redmine project that tracks known bugs, listed at

That's great.  It doesn't seem to be too active, though - only three issues were updated in 2014, and none so far in 2015.  I bet that's because it's hard to find: the bug tracker is not mentioned on the pgAdmin Development page at

Could a link be added there?  Thanks -

It's more an internal bugtracker than something else. I used to use it quite frequently when I was working on pgAdmin's code, but I'm pretty sure I was the only one.

In any case, it's quite obsolete, unused, and would better be dropped rather than publicized.

That's too bad - I think every free software project should have a bug tracker.  Why not publicize it and encourage everyone to use it actively?

Well, I guess you should ask the current devs on this. The first reason would be that having a bug tracker has a cost. You need time to make sure the tickets are not obsolete. And seeing how some projects are overcrowded by obsolete bug reports, I'm glad we don't have an official bug tracker.

I prefer how PostgreSQL handles it. Declaration of bugs happens on any mailing list. Sure, there is a specific list for bugs but you can declare and talk about them on any list. There's no buttracker, and still bugs are fixed. Much simpler to my point of view.