Re: Retore database on win xp from back up created with win 7 64 bit gets unsupported version - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Retore database on win xp from back up created with win 7 64 bit gets unsupported version
Date
List pgadmin-support
I only did the plain text as it was a suggested test.

That's a good test as long as you don't use pgAdmin to restore it :)

I still have the situation that the same version of pgadmin makes a back up on a win 7 64 bit machine can not be restored using a win xp system. It gets the unsupported version error for some unknown reason. Both systems used the same msi file to install pgadmin and I double checked that pg_dump.exe and pg_restore.exe are the same versions on both machines.

I've read the whole thread. It seems you have the "unsupported version (1.11) in file header". It still has nothing to do with your OS version or 32bits/64 bits OS. 1.11 dumps are created with a 8.4 pg_dump. So, the pg_restore you're using isn't 8.4. It might be 8.3 (version 1.10 dumps required) or 9.0+ (version 1.12 dumps required).

Be careful that you might have more than one version of pg_restore installed on your computer. Actually, pgadmin installs its own pg_restore tool. Which release of pgAdmin are you using?