upgrade to version 10.2 question - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From john snow
Subject upgrade to version 10.2 question
Date
Re: upgrade to version 10.2 question  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
List pgsql-novice
we currently have version 10.0 in our windows 10 64 bit machine. we are just doing development work right now so we have a still small database.

the version 10.0 was installed using EnterpriseDB installer.

we have downloaded version 10.2 EnterpriseDB installer.

this later installer found the current version 10 folder, and informs us it will upgrade our current version.
it also found the data folder.

our question: is it safe to tell the installer to "upgrade" our version 10.0 using the same folder etc?  will our data be overwritten?

sorry for the very basic question but we thought it's better to be making mistakes at a time when the cost is not high yet :-)

thanks for helping!