Re: upgrade to version 10.2 question - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: upgrade to version 10.2 question
Date
List pgsql-novice
Greetings,

* john snow (ofbizfanster@gmail.com) wrote:
> we currently have version 10.0 in our windows 10 64 bit machine. we are
> just doing development work right now so we have a still small database.
>
> the version 10.0 was installed using EnterpriseDB installer.
>
> we have downloaded version 10.2 EnterpriseDB installer.
>
> this later installer found the current version 10 folder, and informs us it
> will upgrade our current version.
> it also found the data folder.
>
> our question: is it safe to tell the installer to "upgrade" our version
> 10.0 using the same folder etc?  will our data be overwritten?

You would need to contact EDB regarding this issue, but it sounds like a
bug in their installer to me, where it's thinking that 10.2 is a
different major version than 10.0.

There's no need to "upgrade" a PostgreSQL 10.0 install to 10.2 as that's
a minor version change.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment