Re: [pgadmin-support] pgAdmin4 speed - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Shira Bezalel
Subject Re: [pgadmin-support] pgAdmin4 speed
Date
List pgadmin-support

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 5:09 AM, Mike Surcouf <mikes@surcouf.co.uk> wrote:

I just changed from Windows desktop to SERVER_MODE  with apache and it is completely different app.

So much faster.  Looks like there is something seriously wrong with the  Qt implementation.

Plus I only have to install it once.

It’s a pain to setup in server mode though.

From: pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Richard Greenwood
Sent: 24 May 2017 14:15
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] pgAdmin4 speed

There were several recent comments on this list about pgAdmin4 being slow which surprised me as I've found it to be faster than pgAdmin3. But then I saw pgAdmin4 on a Windows machine in standalone mode and realized what people are complaining about.

I'm running the python server script and then using pgAdmin4 in a web browser. I suggest that folks who are bothered by the speed (lack of) in standalone mode give the server + browser setup a try. The server is launched with a single command:

   python  /path/to/pgAdmin4.py

then navigate to:

   localhost:5050

Rich

--

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
www.greenwoodmap.com

​I, too, am finding pgAdmin 4 v1.5 in standalone mode​ to be much slower than previous versions on Windows 10. Here are some examples:

- Launching the application takes 32 seconds.

- Expanding the Servers icon takes 6 seconds to populate.
- Expanding the Databases icon takes 10 seconds to populate.

I don't have the exact numbers from the pgAdmin 4 v1.4 or v1.3, but I don't believe it was this slow. As for pgAdmin III numbers:

​- Launching takes 3 seconds.
- Expanding the Servers and Databases icons are near instantaneous.
​pgAdmin 4 About:

Version1.5
CopyrightCopyright 2013 - 2017, The pgAdmin Development Team
Python Version2.7.13 (v2.7.13:a06454b1afa1, Dec 17 2016, 20:42:59) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
Flask Version0.11.1
Application ModeDesktop

Thanks,

Shira​