Re: [pgadmin-support] pgAdmin4 speed - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Shira Bezalel
Subject Re: [pgadmin-support] pgAdmin4 speed
Date
List pgadmin-support

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 1:26 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 4:14 PM, Shira Bezalel <shira@sfei.org> wrote:

> On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 1:06 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>> It's starting to become clear that the speed issues we've had reported
>> are specific to the desktop runtime under Windows - which explains why
>> most of the developers don't see them as the majority of us use Macs.
>>
>> Thank you to those that have provided tips and info to help narrow
>> this down. I'm at PGCon at the moment and don't have a Windows VM on
>> the machine I have with me, so I plan to look into this next week when
>> I'm back.
>>

> Thanks Dave. Also, here's another data point: A colleague in my office who
> has pgAdmin 4 v1.22.2 desktop on Windows 10 installed says it only takes 3
> seconds to launch. So seems like a Windows performance issue might have been
> introduced between 1.2 and 1.5.

1.22.2 was pgAdmin III, which is totally different from pgAdmin 4. Is
that really what he's running, or do you mean pgAdmin 4 v1.2?

​Ack, sorry about that. Miscommunication. He was referring to pgAdmin III 1.22.2.

​With his pgAdmin 4 v1.4 installation, he reports launching took 57 seconds the first time and about 27 seconds the second time.​

Shira