Re: could not load plperl library - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paolo Saudin
Subject Re: could not load plperl library
Date
List pgsql-general
Try to check the perl version against Postgres version at http://forums.enterprisedb.com/posts/list/3295.page

paolo

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Robert Fitzpatrick <robert@webtent.org> wrote:
I have a Windows XP laptop I've loaded postgres on for dev purposes. When I try to create the plperl language on a db, I get an error 'cannot load library' referencing the location where plperl.dll does exist. It has the lastest version of ActiveState Perl, but I remember (it's been a while) that I need an older version. I found a 5.8 installer, uninstalled the 5.16 and then installed the older 5.8, but still getting the error. I restarted the postgres service, do I need to reinstall? I used the Enterprise DB installer.

Hope this is the right list for this, let me know if not, thanks
--
Robert <robert@webtent.org>