Online recovery of Tablespace - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sameer Kumar
Subject Online recovery of Tablespace
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I am designing backup strategy for a PostgreSQL database (v9.3). I have a scenario for recovery of tablespaces:

1. Backup of whole database (including individual tablespaces which are stored on different disks) has been taken at 11AM

2. My disk which stores tablespace- tblspc1 crashed at 2:00PM

3. Can I restore the backup of 11AM (only for one tablespace) and then recover that tablespace to 2:00PM state?

Is this possible? I have attached the steps I tried (I believe logically my steps are wrong, since I am using recovery.conf but I am not replacing data directory).

But is there any way to specify in recovery.conf or otherwise that I would allow me to do recovery of transactions of a particular tablespace? A custom solution which occurs to me is using pg_xlogdump contrib. Has anyone tried something similar?

Best Regards,

Sameer Kumar | Database Consultant

ASHNIK PTE. LTD.

101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069533

M: +65 8110 0350  T: +65 6438 3504 | www.ashnik.com

icons

Email patch

This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).

Attachment