Re: BUG #8659: Broken dependencies on RHEL6 for 9.2.6 RPMs - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Vitaly Tskhovrebov
Subject Re: BUG #8659: Broken dependencies on RHEL6 for 9.2.6 RPMs
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Despite of sympathy on subscription basis:

I either should be allowed to build my own postgres from srpm, and
uuid-devel dependency should be resolvable,

Or there should be a really strong reason to use 1.0.1e instead of 1.0.0,
other than downgrading a box. Basically, 1.0.0 isn't that insecure,
otherwise redhat would notify us on imminent threat.

There are tons of other situations available where redhat subscription will
not work that good, including production db zone without direct access of
internet resources. I would ask people not to come down this road and
concentrate on specific issue:

The bug is titled: broken dependency for rhel6. This because by dependency
definition package is fine with openssl version installed officially, but
somehow expects yum to figure out that Devrim will be happy should it use
another package version.