Re: [Patch] Base backups and random or zero pageheaders - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Asif Rehman
Subject Re: [Patch] Base backups and random or zero pageheaders
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 2:06 PM Michael Banck <michael.banck@credativ.de> wrote:
Hi,

Am Samstag, den 04.05.2019, 21:50 +0900 schrieb Michael Paquier:
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 03:07:43PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> > This is still an open item for the back branches I guess, i.e. zero page
> > header for pg_verify_checksums and additionally random page header for
> > pg_basebackup's base backup.
>
> I may be missing something, but could you add an entry in the future
> commit fest about the stuff discussed here?  I have not looked at your
> patch closely..  Sorry.

Here is finally a rebased patch for the (IMO) more important issue in
pg_basebackup. I've added a commitfest entry for this now:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/25/2308/

Hi Michael,

The patch does not seem to apply anymore, can you rebase it?

--
Asif Rehman
Highgo Software (Canada/China/Pakistan)